The EXata network emulator allows the user to create a network digital twin, for real-time network simulation and emulation that replicates the behavior of a network. The emulator provides an exact, high quality, reproduction of external behavior so that the emulated system is indistinguishable from the real system. Network Emulation software provides a cost-effective method of evaluating new network technologies before actual systems or networks are built.
EXata uses a software virtual network (SVN) to digitally represent the entire network, the various protocol layers, antennas, and devices. The system can interoperate, at one or more protocol layers, with real radios and devices to provide hardware-in-the-loop capabilities. EXata can also be connected to systems with real applications, which run on the SVN just as they would run on real networks.
Network emulation software helps in developing a net-centric system by providing an environment in which design decisions can be easily changed and their impact evaluated. Customers of the net-centric system can use the emulated network and see how their applications (such as VoIP, situational awareness, sensor data, and streaming video) will perform when the real system is built. The emulated network can also be integrated with legacy systems to test interoperability and be used to train users on the next generation networks.
- Design and optimize networks
- Perform capacity simulations and predictions
- Compare device designs early in the decision process
- Evaluate network performance with live applications
- Develop disaster response protocols
- Assess equipment scalability
- Analyze the performance of networks and perform “what-if” analyses
- Train with the network before it is ready to be deployed
EXata Cyber: The addition of the Cyber Library allows you to evaluate communications models for their resiliency or vulnerability to cyber attack using our computer networking simulation software.
EXata 5G: SCALABLE’s 5G Model Library includes high-fidelity models to help evaluate the performance and behavior of 5G cellular networks and support the enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) functionality of the 5G standard.
EXata Lite: EXata Lite, an extension of EXata, is a low cost, easy-to-use offering for analysts to test, evaluate, and optimize scenarios created with the developer license.
EXata CPS: EXata for Cyber-Physical Systems simulates the underlying communication fabric of electrical grids to test their cyber resiliency.
EXata Key Capabilities
- Scalability to thousands of nodes enables more sophisticated design and analysis
- Real-time simulation optimizes productivity
- High-fidelity models deliver accurate results
- Cost-effective “lab-based risk reduction” network simulation technology provides solutions to mission-critical, business-critical problems
- System-in-the-Loop emulation interface allows efficient equipment and applications testing
- Cyber library enables cyber assessment for risk management and response planning
What Makes the EXata Platform Unique?
- Integration with live equipment: EXata virtual network models can be seamlessly integrated with physical
equipment such as servers, computers, radios, and sensors (as well as a full network environment) to test and validate interoperability, scalability, and performance.
- Integration with live applications: Live applications (such as VoIP, chat, video feeds, file transfers, and database queries) can be run across the simulated virtual network to accurately analyze behavior under different network conditions.
- Interaction with packet sniffers: EXata supports a packet sniffer interface to enable capture and analysis of network traffic using standard packet sniffer/analysis tools like Wireshark.
- Interaction with SNMP managers: EXata virtual network models can be monitored using standard SNMP network managers from companies such as Hewlett-Packard, IBM, and SolarWinds.