MIMIC Virtual Lab creates a real world lab environment with a network of Cisco Routers and Switches. It gives hands-on learning experience without buying expensive equipment.
MIMIC Virtual Lab is for beginners interested in familiarizing themselves with the complex environment and for intermediate or expert users looking to sharpen their skills and move to a higher level. It gives a safe environment to practice. You don't have to worry about bringing down the equipment/network and affecting other users.
MIMIC gives Network Engineers an ability to practice for certifications instead of just reading instructions. It enables Training organization to give a lab to students with the classroom training or e-learning courses. Students can interact with Routers and Switches, just like with real devices.
Interact with the routers and switches, just like real devices:
- Logging in/out
- Get into and out of different modes - User, Privileged, Configuration, Interface
- Set passwords, IP addresses, clock rates, hostname, bandwidth
- Assign routing protocols - RIP, IGRP
- Ping other devices on the network
- Save/load configurations
- Boot using flash or TFTP protocol
- Configuration of CDP, PPP, Frame Relay and OSPF protocols
- and many other functions required for certifications
- Start/Stop devices, individually or in a group
- Save/Load a configuration of the network
- View configuration information of a device or the entire network
- View the topology with connections and addresses
- Open Telnet sessions
- Context sensitive help