Mobile device and network complexity is continuously increasing due to the multitude of devices, technologies and traffic patterns. As a result, wireless equipment manufacturers must test their products from every different aspect. They need to do this to improve quality and reduce costs.
The MIMIC Wireless Simulator allows wireless equipment manufacturers to create a virtual lab with thousands of 3G or 4G Wireless (WiMAX, Wi-Fi, LTE) devices and related backhaul infrastructure. Developers can perform real world tests on large networks at a fraction of cost of buying the equipment. Carrier-grade Ethernet manufacturers can verify proper OAM of their demarcation devices. Wireless operators can verify that their OSS handles the transition from 3G to 4G. MIMIC simulates Ethernet Demarcation Devices, Wireless Switches, Routers, Gateways, Intermediate stations and base stations.
MIMIC allows manufacturers to design, develop and test their products in a virtual and scalable network environment, assuring customers that their applications will work properly when deployed across heterogeneous environments.
MIMIC Simulator helps in many areas:
- Performance Management in real-time:
Easily customize performance data for verifying performance management system.
- Quality & quantity of alarms:
Capture and replay streams of alarms at any time and any frequency.
- eNodeB Plug & Play - Self Commissioning:
Capture and simulate eNodeB startup events.
- OSS standard N Interface:
Simulate variety of equipment to verify compatibility.
- Simulate standard MIBs:
Standard MIBs such as 802.16 MIBs: WMAN-DEV-MIB, WMAN-IF-MIB, WMAN-PRIVATE-MIB as well as enterprise MIBs from vendors Alvarion, Trango, and many others.
The mobile device vendors can use Wireless Simulator in many ways:
- Development and Testing: Wireless Management application developers can test and implement their products quickly and test reliably.
- Evaluation: Enterprises can evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or qualify purchases before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.