MIMIC Server Simulator simulates thousands of servers to easily test, develop and demo client applications for web servers.
MIMIC simulator enables testing of many types of client applications:
- Web Applications:
- Test HTTP based client applications or Load Balancers
- Simulate thousands of Apache/IIS servers or Application servers like WebLogic or WebSphere.
- Comprehensively exercise the performance of a Server Load Balancer (SLB), in handling various protocols in stressed and unstressed conditions.
- Validate the effectiveness of SLBs in providing high availability of web services.
- Test Web Monitoring and Reporting tools.
- Mail Applications:
- Test mail applications connecting to multiple SMTP and POP servers to verify that those processes are functioning properly.
- Ensure the connections to different Mail servers and send/receive emails just like real servers.
- Test the enterprise mail fetching applications.
- Make certain that the management application send email alerts to multiple servers.
- DNS Clients:
- Simulate thousands of DNS server to respond to actual DNS queries to get host name or IP/IPv6 addresses.
- Test DNS clients ability to connect to multiple servers.
- Lookup dynamic domain from multiple servers.
- FTP Clients:
- Collect FTP data from different servers.
- Send/receive files from multiple FTP servers and test management applications along with the networking device and server management.
- Other TCP based Clients:
- Simulate any Wireless, Database or Storage server.
- MIMIC allows testing with thousands of servers having different IP or IPv6 addresses.
- User-friendly graphical interface allows easy and intuitive setup of the test environment.
- Simulate servers as if they are located at geographically separate locations or countries.
- Add delays or drop packets to create remote or bad links.
Overall, MIMIC Server Simulator enables you to do a complete testing of Network Management and Server Management applications.