MIMIC NetFlow Simulator generates a variety of flows and enables you to fully test your applications. Since you have a complete control over generated flowsets you can easily verify that your graphing application is correctly displaying the values and your collector correctly collects precisely generated flowsets.
- Configuration - Configure simulated NetFlow devices to create exactly how you want to show your network's functions (how it is used, by whom, and for what purpose).
- Correlation - Test the correlation of the traffic arriving from designated ports, source/destination IPs and protocols.
- Traffic generation - Create a comprehensive view of your simulated network traffic, with bottlenecks and bandwidth hogs.
- Customize the simulation - Start using without any customization or fully customize any/all flow record values.
- Flow changes - Prove that value changes are detected according to the specified rules.
- SNMP to NetFlow - Change SNMP values of the devices and report those results in the Flow applications.
- NetFlow to SNMP - Change Flow values of the devices and report those results in the SNMP based applications.
The MIMIC NetFlow Simulator, the industry's first integrated simulation tool supporting NetFlow and SNMP, allows developers to perform real world, integrated device simulations. MIMIC simulates NetFlow-capable networking devices. MIMIC allows suppliers of NetFlow devices and applications to design, develop and test their products in a virtual and scalable network environment, assuring customers that their applications will work properly when deployed across heterogeneous environments.
The most common uses of NetFlow Simulator are:
- Development and Testing: NetFlow Management application developers can implement their products quickly and test reliably.
- Evaluation: Enterprises can compare and evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or qualify purchases before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.
MIMIC includes the following components to approximate a NetFlow device:
- NetFlow Simulator: MIMIC can simulate 50,000 NetFlow v5 or v9 based devices. Each one can be started or stopped individually or in a group. Each one has it's own IP address, Primary Port, Secure Port and Flow configurations. Once started, the device starts responding to the NetFlow requests from any application from anywhere in the network.
- NetFlow Recorder: The NetFlow Recorder is a stand-along utility to record NetFlow sessions and create basic NetFlow simulations. The recorder takes a packet capture of netflow traffic to create a configuration file for use with the simulation.
- NetFlow Configuration Wizard: The wizard is design to let you configurean existing or new flow generation. You can add new fields or change the existing one using a user-friendly GUI.
- MIMICShell: NetFlow functionality can be controlled by MIMIC Command line interface.
Supported Platforms: Windows®, Solaris, Linux and Amazon Cloud.