MIMIC IOS Simulator fully supports Cisco IOS® software and SNMPv1, v2, v2c, v3. You can simulate up to 50,000 devices in a single workstation, and an unlimited number of devices can be simulated by distributing it over multiple workstations. You can access devices using Telnet, SSH and SNMP. Changes made using one protocol is reflected in other.
MIMIC IOS Simulator ships with many ready-to-go simulations for Cisco devices (such as the 3640, 7206, 6260, 6500, GSR 12000). In addition, the MIMIC IOS Simulator supports many Cisco applications: CEMF (CDM, GSR Manager), CiscoWorks, CiscoWorks 2000, CiscoView and other network management applications.
You can test applications using hundreds of simulated Cisco IOS commands. Along with that MIMIC CLI/IOS Recorder allows you to record any command and simulate it.
The MIMIC Virtual Lab products have been built using MIMIC IOS Simulator.
MIMIC Protocol Support
MIMIC IOS Simulator simulates the following components to approximate a Cisco device:
- Telnet: MIMIC uses a standard Telnet server, allowing users to log into simulations in order to control the behavior and configuration of the simulations.
- IOS: MIMIC simulates the IOS CLI in Telnet-enabled devices.
- SSH: For secure terminal access, SSH version 1.5 and/or 2.0 is supported.
- SYSLOG: For remote logging, SYSLOG messages are sent to a SYSLOG server.
- TFTP: File transfers to/from a TFTP server are fully supported.
- And of course all of these are integrated with SNMP v1, v2, v2c, v3.