MIMIC Simulator creates a real world lab environment, with 50,000 devices, at a fraction of the cost of physical equipment. It provides an interactive hands-on lab for quality assurance, development, sales presentation, evaluation, deployment and training of enterprise management applications. Users create a customizable virtual environment populated with simulated routers, hubs, switches, WiFi/WiMAX/LTE devices, probes, cable modems, servers and workstations.
The MIMIC Simulator suite includes:
- MIMIC SNMP Simulator - SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3 and SYSLOG Simulation
- MIMIC NetFlow Simulator - NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow, SYSLOG along with SNMP
- MIMIC sFlow Simulator - sFlow, NetFlow, IPFIX, SYSLOG along with SNMP
- MIMIC IOS/JUNOS/Telnet Simulator - Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Telnet, SSH, SYSLOG
- MIMIC Server Simulator - SMTP, DNS, FTP and SNMP
- MIMIC IPMI Simulator - IPMI and SNMP
- MIMIC Cable Modem Simulator - SNMP, DHCP, TFTP, ToD, MGCP
This versatile suite of software tools is commonly used in:
- Development and Testing: Management application developers can implement their products quickly and test reliably.
- Evaluation: Enterprises can evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or qualify purchases before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.
The MIMIC Simulator standard package comes with many tools, wizards, ready-to-go libraries and APIs.
- MIMICView - User friendly GUI to manipulate the simulations
- MIMIC Simulator - Allows the simulation of an enterprise network on a workstation
- MIMIC Recorder - Captures a "snapshot" of the device/network and creates the simulations
- MIMIC Compiler - Compiles any SMI-based MIB
- MIMIC Shell - Tcl-based command-line interface
MIMIC Wizards provide a user-friendly way to accomplish complex tasks.
- Discovery Wizard - Records large networks
- Snapshot Wizard - Takes multiple snapshots of a device over time to create more realistic simulations
- Trap Wizard - Captures trap sequences and replays them in the simulation
- Simulation Wizard - Creates simulations for devices under development
- Topology Wizard - Customizes different network topologies
- MIB Wizard - Imports and compiles new MIBs
- Update Wizard - Updates software/data over the Internet
MIMIC is pre-packaged with data to quickly setup out-of-the-box virtual labs. It ships with large libraries of simulated devices, networks, and MIBs from the leading networking companies.
You can customize simulations using Tcl, C++, Java and Perl languages to tap in to the full power of the simulator.
Supported Platforms: Windows®, Solaris, Linux and Amazon Cloud.