Vulcan provides a very cost-effective network emulator/simulator
for production test and product development of ADSL CPE
equipment. The Broadframe Vulcan simulates an ADSL Access
Multiplexer (DSLAM) and an access concentrator with a
sample of Internet content to provide the experience of
a live Internet connection. Vulcan is an excellent tool
for ADSL product developers, test engineers, and test
technicians who benefit from connecting their products
to a virtual Internet in a controlled environment.
Vulcan replaces three complex network elements:
- DSL Access Multiplexor (DSLAM)
- Service Node
- Internet Server
The Broadframe Vulcan is portable and easy to configure,
which makes it ideal for many applications.
- Production testing of multiple CPE products.
- Initial development of a CPE product when modem
synchronization and basic network connection needs
to be established on new designs.
- ADSL interoperability and conformance testing of
- Performance analysis over a controlled DSL connection.
- Demonstration/training device for DSL equipment
in virtually any location.